Tuesday 3 May 2011

Just Incredible

Day 4. Riverton to Burra. 87 Ks. The nights are getting more chilly, A mouse scurried out from under the tent as we packed it this morning. The weather has totally cleared and we have a day of hard riding ahead, apparently. Justin, our ride mechanic has worked wonders on Barry's bike, as he's had one problem after the next with it, eventhough he had it checked and serviced before the ride. His visit to Justin's van is turning into a daily habit. When we were introduced to him as Justin our tour mechanic I quipped "Justin case" ha ha ha. Two days later I have renamed him "Justin time". His overnight efforts have given Barry a new lease of life on the bike today. I am however not feeling so good. Justin asks me if I'm OK and I tell him not really. He has the knack of taking an interest, and offering good advice at the same time. I have now re-chrsitened him "Just incredible". Without his amazing input at luuchtime I possibly wouldn't have got through this afternoon. But I'm glad I did. The downhill run into Burra was amazing fun - even if I have shaken every part of myself and my bike in the process. And the views! Just gorgeous. I love this part of the world. It really is beautiful. But the personal highlight today was a morning tea stop in Clare which is where Barry and I almost-met 13 years ago on the Great South Australia Bike Ride. Long story - won't go into it now. But ahhh the memories. Baz once more put foward for Mawson Man award. Instead presented with a pair of cute rabbit's ears - to be worn under the helmet - the ears poke through the gaps - until passed on the following evening to another desrving recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.