Thursday 21 April 2011

"Well Isn't it ironic..."

Went for a powerwalk at 6am in order to fit everything into my rapidly dwindling pre-trip days. You may remember I kept all my training notes in pen on paper format. (It's one I understand.)  Getting all this onto a blog post has been an unresolved task hanging over my shoulder for weeks. So last weekend I took a deep breath, found a blog site, signed up, got a password, went live (!) and spent five hours writing it all into the blog post box. The winking cursor invites you to "go ahead, you are now a live blogger!" or whatever the cheery little message said to me at the time. So I did. Well I felt like a silly old blogger by the time I'd realised I'd lost the lot as soon as I'd finished and hit the save button. So I tried to go live with my blog by myself. I should have known better. After all I'd just finished writing about the importance of asking for expert help when you know its out there and you are clearly in need of it. (The irony wasn't lost on me.) Stayed up late and did it all again. Another five hours later (yawn!) it's all in Word Doc. I'm too scared to even open up my blog site by this point, so today I accepted the kind offer of a techo friend who is an expert in these matters. She took me through the process by phone, patiently waiting for the lightbulb to come on with each step... An hour later I know how to do things I didn't even know existed in the world of blogging, website links and e-mailing! I have climbed an amazing learning curve and feel good about it as well! (And there's so much more...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.